Ms. Core's MS/HS Library Page
Welcome to the MS/HS Library Page.
Ms. Deborah Core is the librarian and her super library aide is Ms. Tina Allen.
They trade off between schools each week.
Rules of the Library:
1. Books may be checked out for two weeks. We do not have fines for overdue books (unless you keep my book over the summer, then you owe me 10 cents per day...please don't keep my books over the summer). Students who have overdue books during the school year may not check out or renew any other books until that book is turned in.
2. 45 days is the limit of time a book may be checked out. (Changing that is at Ms. Core's discretion). This is not to "punish" slow readers, but to allow all students who love to read an equal opportunity at the book.
3. Students may put a hold on any particular book that is checked out. Please see Ms. Core for your sign on and password to be able to do this yourself. See the video on how to do it on the new library website link which is listed below.
4. Students who owe fines from the previous year (this includes at the elementary) may not have a book until their obligations are taken care of. Please feel free to take a book from our free library that is set up outside the library door.
5. Students may not come to work in the library unless an email is sent from the teacher indicating that this is okay and what they are to be working on.
6. The library welcomes all donations of books. We have free libraries located at both schools. We want to encourage a love of reading and book ownership. I just love the feel of a new book in my hands!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out our new library website. It is currently undergoing changes but is open for business. If you hit a page that is blank, we are actively working on it! Be patient!
REMEMBER, THE LIBRARIAN IS YOUR FRIEND. SHE IS THE ORIGINAL SEARCH ENGINE....
Click here to email Ms. Core
Click here to email Mrs. Allen